Fall nail polish colors have hit jewel tones in a big bad way. If you are a lover of deep rich jewel tones, then I have a few that will get your head spinning. The greens and blues of the summer have gone deeper and the browns have gone ultra dark or putty like. Don’t forget the abundance of shimmer and you have yourself quite the must have nail polish collection for this fall.
- To give you a sample of four of the great colors this fall Avon’s Nailwear Pro+ Femme Fatale Collection ($3.49/each) sums up in one collection the basic direction colors have gone this year.
- While Sonia Kashuk for Target has an entire line of fall nail color shades I had to have Emerald City ($4.79). It is gorgeous, rich looking and the deep green makes it a much more subtle green than it’s summer predecessor. Get to Target quickly before they run out, because it is a very popular color.
- No mater what you do, or whatever color palette you love for nails, you can never deny that red is classic and sexy. Right now all of the reds have an exotic cherry feel, and many are sporting a beautiful shimmer. The Zoya Elisa ($8) has some gold shimmer that makes this color totally rock.
- Metallics are back this year and with more oomph. My favorites, and the ones I want to try are the Essie Mirror Metallics ($8/each). Not only are they metallic, but they are also opalescent. 1 bottle of nail polish sure does pack a punch.
- It wouldn’t be fall without a really dark fantastic color to make your collection complete. Nyx nail polish salon formula in Black Coffee ($4) is a great option. This color is as close to black as you can get, but still on the brown side.
- Looking on the lighter side of nail polish neutral are being replaced with putty colors like OPI Berlin There Done That ($8). is a great stone colored polish, that will go with anything, and can be worn anywhere. However, I must note that the entire OPI Germany collection is filled with gorgeous fall colors. You can’t go wrong with any of them.
- While I made reference to metallics above I did not specify the fact that gold polish is in a league of its own. The many many many renditions of gold polish this year makes my head spin, but I settled on the Maybelline Color Show Nail Polish in Bold Gold ($2.99) because I liked the fact that it is more on the champagne side of gold.
Now the real question in all of this is how do I get all of these polishes without my husband finding out? If I get them all inevitably he will ask “how many nail polishes do you actually need?” What would your answer be?
Did you discover a fall nail color I should drool over? If so, you must comment and let me know, because its not nice to keep those things to yourself.
Share this Post