Here are my tips:
- Pick a theme, colors and a pattern. In this case, I picked a “Ghost” theme. I used orange, black, chevron and some polka dots here and there.
- Go around your house and gather all decor, tablecloths, dishes, etc. I prefer to use white dishes most of the time. They match well with every holiday.
- Invite a few kids. It will keep it affordable.
- Buy candy and snacks that match your color scheme
- Favorite place to shop for my parties- Dollar Tree. I bought cheddar popcorn, marshmallows, oreo cookies, cheese crackers and some candy to match.
- Do-it-yourself crafts are fun and easy! Keep it simple.
- Use a square piece of foam and paint it orange with acrylic paint. Add glitter right away and cut some letters to spell the word “BOO”. You can also cut some letters to spell “EEK” and glue them on the back. Use hot glue to add letters.
- Your foam squares can be used to stick your “marshmallow ghosties”. It’s a marshmallow on a lollipop stick. Draw some eyes with an edible marker.
- Wrap some suckers with a white napkin, glue some googly eyes and tie with a black pipe cleaner or ribbon. It’s an adorable ghost!
- I used recycled “Starbucks” frappuccino bottles for the drinks. They have milk or you can make some “Boo-nilla” shakes.
- You can buy some jars for your candy at the Dollar Tree or recycle your spaghetti sauce, jam or pickle jars.
- Don’t worry about making cupcakes! I don’t bake. I bought some Little Debbie cupcakes ready to go. Kids love them just as much! I used some cute wrappers from Petite Party Studio my local party store, they sell online too. You can also find cupcake wrappers at Michaels or Hobby Lobby.
- Buy fun scrapbook paper to make a pennant banner and string it with ribbon. I also used the paper to make cones for the popcorn.
- Use white paper bags and draw a ghost face. The white chinese take-out food boxes work well for treats. I wrapped the handles with pipe cleaners and glued some eyes.
- A black curtain or piece of fabric can be hanging on your wall as your backdrop. Fill up some white balloons with helium and tape to the curtain….voila! You will “WOW” your guests!
- I make my table runners and sell them in my etsy shop, A to Zebra Celebrations. I love patterns so I have several for every occasion.
- I am addicted to platters, cupcake stands and jars! I recommend to invest in some white stands for all your desserts. I got mine from Cupcake Stand. I use it all the time.
- Add a final little detail and spend the money on customized tags for your table. I got mine from Desserts & Designs. The files were emailed to me. I printed them at home. You can print at your local Staples or Office Max as well.
I spent less than $50 to put this together considering I used several things I had around my house. Often times I borrow things from friends and family too. Don’t be shy to ask!
Thank you for the opportunity to share my affordable party tips!
Photography- Style Image Studios
Visit my website for more party ideas www.atozebracelebrations.com
Share this Post