Real California Milk is supporting California schools by launching the Real Seal Appeal sweepstakes!
Southern California’s elementary schools need all the help they can get in this economy. This is a great example of a CA organization comprised of California Dairy families, giving back, and we want to get the word out to as many elementary school parents in Southern California as possible.
Now – how do you get your school to buy and drink all that milk to collect the Milk Seals?
Savvy Sassy Suggests:
1. Milkshake Monday
Have parents bring in milk and flavored syrup and fruit to make milk shakes!
2. Milk Mustache Photo Booth
Line up the milk glasses and have kids take silly milk mustache photos! (got milk?)
3. Dairy Day Extravaganza
Celebrate Cows and all the milk and food they provide, by having a day all about dairy!
4. Classroom Cookie Exchange
Nothing goes better with cookies than milk!
5. Pajama Party & Movie Night
Have a movie night, wear your pajama’s and don’t forget to dip your cookies in milk!
The possibilities are endless!
This is a great, easy fund-raising opportunity for schools, with top prizes being $20,000, $10,000 and $5,000 for three schools each – and 2,595 other schools will be awarded $500. (Awesome) Families can participate by collecting Real California Milk seals from milk and dairy products and turning them in to their teachers. Each seal acts as a sweepstakes entry – the more seals collected and turned in, the more chances your child’s classroom (and school) has to win.
*Participating elementary schools in Imperial, Kern, Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino, San Diego, San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara and Ventura counties.
DID YOU KNOW?
• California is the nation’s dairy state, it leads the U.S. in the production of total milk, butter, ice cream, yogurt and nonfat dry milk so when looking for the Real California Milk seal, you’re supporting both the 1620 California dairy families and
• Milk and dairy products are an essential part of healthy eating, especially for children, which is why it is important to have a balanced diet complete with calcium-rich foods such as yogurt, milk and cheese.
For more information parents/teachers/schools can visit the Scholastic Website
If you are Savvy and on Twitter use the hashtag #CASealAppeal.
Got a Milk Fundraising idea?