Summer! It’s here and it’s in full swing! Who doesn’t love summer? When you think about summer hair, what do you think about? For me, messy/sexy Victoria’s Secret hair pops into my mind first. So I thought I’d create a hair tutorial for some sexy summer beachy waves. They’re easy and the best part is that messy is the key, so they don’t have to be perfect!
Summer Beachy Waves
I posted a picture on Instagram of this hairstyle and a large amount of people wanted to see how I did it! So here ya go! Let’s talk about what you’ll need for this beachy hair look.
Last time I was here at Savvy Sassy Moms I talked about some awesome summer beauty products. I used a few of those here. What you’ll need
- Flat iron
- Clipless curling iron
- Texturing Spray (I used Not Your Mother’s brand that I mentioned in the last post)
- Spray & Play (Big Sexy Hair brand – also mentioned in the last post)
- Root Pump (like Big Sexy Hair brand)
- Dry Shampoo
- Start by heating up both your clipless curling iron & your straightener.
- Divide your hair into 4 large sections
- Start with one section and twist a small section of hair back away from your face.
- Twist it as tight as you can and run the flat iron over it until it’s heated through.
- Do this until you’ve done it all over your head and leave them until your done. They need to cool all the way through. Spray all over with a spray & play hairspray (one that is workable.)
- After they’re cooled, run your hands through your hair.
- Take your clipless curling iron and add a few curls throughout. Not your whole head, just a few on top and a few underneath. NOTE: Don’t curl all the way down. Curl just in the middle leaving the ends out.
- Take your texturizing spray and spray throughout. Use your hands and scrunch your hair with the texturizing spray.
- You’re done!!
Now, I mentioned a few products up there in the optional section. You could use root pump after you get out of the shower on damp hair. Same for the mousse. These two just give you more volume and body when styling. I’m assuming you’d be doing these beachy waves and day two or three of your hair not being washed, which means you’ll neeeeeed some dry shampoo. Big Sexy Hair brand is my absolute favorite and I’ve tried quite a few.
There you have it! What do you think? Would you give this beachy waves tutorial a try?
I hope you liked it and that you’re summer is going great! 🙂
Share this Post