There are so many wonderful things about summer. Warm weather, beach days, picnics, family vacations, lake days and so much more. So many things to love! And of course, being the beauty blogger that I am, one of my favorite things is the lackadaisical, messy-yet-put-together, beachy hairstyles you start seeing. It’s so freeing! However, even though it looks like they just rolled out of bed, I would venture to say that there was a little bit of effort put into that style. Not to worry, I said a little. Since hair products have so much to do with how your hairstyle turns out, I thought I’d share with you top ten summer hair products. Top 10 Summer Hair Products Thankfully, these summer hair products are pretty low maintenance, meaning they’re easy to use. You also don’t need each one of these to complete your summer hair products collection, just a few depending on your hair type would be perfect! I’m going to go through each one and explain how they can be used.
- Not Your Mother’s Beach Babe Sea Salt Spray – This spray is perfect for creating that messy-wavy-beachy- look. Wear your hair in braids over night, wake up, spray some salt spray, scrunch and go! It is very stiff though, so don’t expect to be able to run your fingers through your hair.
- Big Sexy Hair Dry Shampoo – It’s summer, who has time to wash their hair ever day? Who ever has time to wash their hair every day? Not me, that’s for sure! This dry shampoo is the best I’ve tried (and I’ve tried a few!) and it also gives you volume at the roots. Of course, if you have a favorite dry shampoo and you’re happy with it, no reason to switch! It qualifies as a summer hair product because it cuts down time styling and makes life easier.
- Bumble and Bumble Surf cream conditioner – Actually, they have a whole set – shampoo, conditioner, & a surf spray. It smells beachy, smooths out hair before starting to style, and gives you the perfect base for all those summer looks.
- Biolage Whipped Volume Mousse – I’m sure any mousse could be included as a summer hair product, but I really love this one. You can feel the body it creates after using it. It adds thickness to your hair and creates a great base for styling.
- Victoria’s Secret Wave Enhancing spray – Victoria Secret is kind of associated with sexy hair – they just go hand in hand. This spray helps enhance the waves you have to create that messy-put together look.
- KMS De-Frizz Oil – A downside of summer is that it definitely brings on the humidity. I am from Southern California, so we don’t experience it that much, but visiting my husband’s family in The Bahamas definitely brings out the afro in me. Keeping your hair moisturized definitely helps. This oil should ‘feed’ your hair in a sense and calm in down.
- MoroccanOil Restorative Hair Mask – Between the heat, pool days, and lots of sun, hair can get damaged during the summer. This hair mask will definitely restore elasticity and fresh up your mane.
- Big Sexy Hair Spray and Play – Another BSH – I just love them! This is like a hair spray but softer effect so that it allows you to play with your hair a bit before it sets. It’s great for the ‘sexy, don’t care’ look.
- Orofluido – I could be a spokesperson for this product. I love it! You just need a little bit, dime sized amount, and you add it to damp hair mid-way down to the ends. My hair never feels so smooth as when I use this product, it’s fabulous.
- Big Sexy Hair Weather Proof – This product is perfect for the humidity that comes with the summer months! You spray it on after you’ve done your style, scrunch your hair a bit so that it really gets on there and it helps your style last through the humid, hot weather. Definitely a summer hair product worth having!
There you have it! My top ten summer hair products for you to try! Like I said, you don’t have to buy all ten, just choose the one (or ones) that you think would work for your hair. Then give them a try. Allow yourself a learning curve with the products as well, don’t just try one time and give up. Sometimes it takes a few times! Good luck on your summer hairstyles!
Share this Post