I have used Eventbrite for many of my events and have given the site a full test drive. I can attest to their friendly customer service;) The main feature I like about Eventbrite is that you can upload your own artwork, design, logo, school mascot, or event flyer so it is truly a custom invitation. When I heard that the President of Eventbrite was a woman and a Mom, it didn’t shock me. It makes complete sense. So we interviewed the woman behind the scenes, Julia Hartz about being a Mom and running a successful company, something that I hope I am on my way to achieving. If you have not used Eventbrite this will give you a great introduction to what it can do for you!
Me: Being a Mom and a savvy business woman what is your biggest daily challenge?
Julia: Juggling my schedule. Every week the calendar is a puzzle and having to figure out how to make sure everyone is where they need to be. It’s like being the CEO of the house.
Me: Any tips for working moms doing the juggling act?
Me: What are the 3 key advantages to planning an event with Eventbrite
- Visibility and accessibility to all of the data generated about and for the attendees to your event.
- Control- the organizer owns their own events. Our interface is designed to be self-service and give organizers full control, but we have an excellent customer service team that is willing to help!
- Eventbrite helps you get the word out on your event. The site is designed in such a way that events can be shared on social media. Turns ticket buyers to be your event promoters. Rely on people who really care about you events to build relevance around it and create word of mouth.
Julia: A year and half ago launch Eventbrite for Causes. For NFPs to leverage the Eventbrite platform. Raising $ through events is any excellent way to raise $ and stretches the affinity and connection of your audience to your cause. It connects the audience in a way that only live events can. They transcend your cause.
- Reduce ticket rate
- Built-in community around NFP- to share best practices, get tips and support on planning events, access network
- Eventbrite has helped NFP raise $25 million in the past year and half, since its exsistance.
Julia: General best practices on tickets. EB just focuses on just tickets sales and not any other aspect of planning. EB has a support staff which has access to analytical and anecdotal advice for customers. They take on a more consultative approach, since events are so specific and personal. EB can provide help on wording, setting up your event page, ticket types, how to best drive sales. Ease anxiety. Eventbrite has the best insights, but event owners get finally say.
*Be sure to enter my Fill the backpack $750 Giveaway before September 15th at 11:59pm PST.Disclosure: Eventbrite is a sponsor of this years Fill the Backpack Campaign.
Share this Post