If you are anything like us, you are always rushing to get kids up, dressed, fed, and out the door in time for school. We’ve got an easy, make-ahead breakfast idea that will save YOU time and and fuel them all morning long.
Breakfast Egg Muffins
Our kids get tired of eating the same old thing each morning and we like the idea of giving them something with some substance before a long day at school. While we would like to say we get up with plenty of time to cook a hot breakfast each morning, that just isn’t the case. This recipe was created because our kids love a breakfast casserole. We decided to come up with something similar that could be made in muffin tins for individual serving sizes. These breakfast egg muffins are so easy to make and can be eaten right away or frozen to be served at a later time.
1/2 cup milk
salt/pepper to taste
mix-ins of your choice (see list below)
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and spray muffin tins with non-stick spray.
2. Cook meat and saute any vegetables you plan to use.
3. Separate mix-in ingredients in each tin.
4. In mixing bowl, beat eggs, milk and salt/pepper. Pour egg mixture over each tin.
5. Bake 20-25 minutes or until eggs are fully cooked.
6. Cool completely and remove from muffin tins.
7. Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator or freeze.
8. When ready to serve, simply heat in the microwave for 20-30 seconds for a hot breakfast before school!
Mix it in and mix it up
Our kids like to stick with the traditional breakfast tastes so we generally make these with sausage and cheese as our mix-ins. However, we do like to mix it up a bit and have experimented with several different varieties.
A few of our favorites include:
- Spinach, onion, feta cheese
- Sausage, onion, peppers
- Ham, cheddar cheese
- Sausage, mushrooms, cheese
- Spinach, peppers, pepper jack cheese
- Steak, cheese, tomato
The possibilities are endless and you could pretty much mix in anything you like to make this easy, make-ahead breakfast!
Ohh they look really good! And they are keto friendly as well! Awesome! Got to try this
Hello Carrie & Jen,
Egg Muffins are the perfect breakfast option for busy mornings.
Loaded with all your breakfast favorites like – eggs, milk, and cheese these muffins are simple, savory, and delicious.
Most important what I like about it – Egg Muffins are easy to make in advance and store well in the refrigerator.
Eventually, thanks for sharing your healthy recipe with us.
With best regards,