This rich and decadent brownie will be your lifesaver for any potluck or last minute celebration. Its fudge-like interior is destined to be a crowd pleaser during any season. Rich in chocolate flavour, this quick and easy brownie is great paired with ice cream, fresh berries. Adults will love it on the side of a Baileys Irish Cream and coffee. This easy brownie recipe brings enough sweetness to satisfy the taste buds of children and adults alike.
Potluck brownie recipe
- 250g / 1 cup butter
- 1 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup good quality cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 Tbsp of instant coffee or 1/2 shot espresso
- Turn oven to 325oF
- Line baking dish (9×9) with parchment paper to allow for easy release
- Melt butter in microwave safe bowl or microwave safe measuring cup
- In separate bowl, mix dry ingredients, sifting flour and cocoa powder, and transfer to food processor
- Combine eggs, vanilla and instant coffee / espresso in a small bowl and add to dry ingredients, turning on food processor to combine
- Keeping food processor on, slowly add melted butter to mixture
- Transfer mixture evenly to your baking dish and bake at 325oF for 50 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean (check starting at 30 mins)
- Set aside in baking dish to cool
- Quick tip: If you only put parchment on the bottom of your baking pan, run a small paring knife or offset spatula around the inside edge prior to removing the brownie
Do you have a favorite potluck recipe?
Charlene Santos contributed this post as a guest writer. Char is an executive chef and an everyday creative mind, with interests spanning from food to event planning, photography to crafting, and marketing to social media engagement. She took her over ten years of corporate and catering experience to the private dining world in 2011, where she continues to create familiar dishes with an international, fusion twist. In recent years, her food interests have expanded to include healthy eating and nutrition, along with family-friendly home cooking, as she and her husband prepare for the impending birth of their daughter in February. She has been published in both York Life Magazine and Food Service and Hospitality for her innovative food creations.
Share this Post