Fall is officially here! And with the arrival of the fall season comes our favorite part… fall baking! Fall has so many fun flavors and recipes to work with that once that cool crisp air rolls in we become baking machines. One of our favorite fall recipes is this super easy Salted Caramel Dip. It is the perfect combo of salty and sweet, and let’s not mention the amazing smell it lends to your home as it cooks! With only four ingredients and less than 10-minutes in total bake time, the Salted Caramel Dip is easily a busy mom’s favorite.
Easy homemade salted caramel dip
1 Cup granulated sugar
8 Tbsp. butter
3/4 Cup heavy cream
3/4 tsp. sea salt
1. Measure all ingredients and have them ready near the stove for easy access.
2. In a medium saucepan over medium to high heat, add the sugar. Stir continuously for approximately 5-minutes with a spoon or whisk to prevent burning. The sugar will melt to a copper-colored liquid. Make sure their aren’t any lumps before proceeding.
3. Remove from heat. Add butter, stirring until combined.
4. Place back on medium heat. Add cream and salt.
5. Stir until all ingredients are well combined, then let simmer for a few minutes.
(Note: Salted Caramel Dip can be stored in the refrigerator for approximately one month. Reheat upon serving.)
Now, drizzle Salted Caramel Dip on everything from apples to cakes to ice cream… or just eat it straight from the spoon!
The perfect (sweet!) fall gift
As a bonus, the Salted Caramel Dip makes for a great gift! Surprise a neighbor, include as a shower gift, or say thank you to a teacher simply by putting the dip in a cute mason jar (we used an 8 oz. Ball jar), combine with an apple and wrap in packaging of your choice (we used Wilton Favor Kits combined with ribbon). Attach with this fun printable (download available here) and you have an easy fall gift that everyone will be sure to love!