It’s that time of year folks – time for first birthday parties galore. It seems everywhere I turn lately someone is turning the big O-N-E. So what exactly do you get a one-year old? Luckily the adorable online shop AlexandAlexa has got you covered. Seriously, I’m just lucky I didn’t know about this shop when my daughter was turning one! They have an extensive and unique collection of toys, and – one of my favorites – lots of wooden toys that I haven’t seen elsewhere. So, let’s get shopping for that special birthday boy or girl!
1. DIY Truck – This clever and adorable truck has three things that one-year olds will love: wheels, fake tools, and a string to pull the whole thing along while crawling or walking.
2. Ladybird Ride On Cart – This makes a perfect gift for a one-year old because it will last them forever. They can push it while they’re younger, ride it when they’re older, and everything else in between. Plus, it’s easy on the eyes for the parents who probably already have too much kiddie-looking stuff littering their living room.
3. Crochet Deer Pull-Along – Seriously, how precious is this?! I know I wouldn’t mind having this little cutie sitting in the corner of my living room. And toddlers at this age love anything they can pull-along while walking steadily or learning how to walk.
4. Rocking Rabbit – A whimsical take on the classic rocking horse, this cheerful rabbit is sure to delight kids and parents alike.
5. White Mini Wooden Piano – Start the musical leanings early! This lovely and vintage-looking miniature piano will definitely elicit squeals of delight from any little girl.
6. Wooden Flora Sorting Board – Colorful, playful and wooden, this sorting toy will encourage cognitive thinking and develop hand-eye coordination – and hopefully buy Mom or Dad half an hour of free time!
7. Whizzy Wheels My First London Bus Book – Tots will love this charming book that doubles as a toy that drives around. Read it to them at bedtime, and watch them roll it along during the day.
8. iWood Shape Sorting House – This wooden toy really packs a big punch in a small package. There’s eight shapes that toddlers can sort into the corresponding holes, a clock face on one side of the house, a little tray to hold all of the pieces, and a handle so they can carry it around the house. This is sure to become a favorite toy for any one-year old.
9. Musical Baby-Walker – Walkers are huge with the one-year old set. My daughter still loves to play with hers a year later. This particular walker is especially special since it also has a full xylophone attached to it that toddlers can play with as they reveal their inner rock star.
My baby is about to turn 1 years old, I love all of these suggestions!
Thanks Desiree! And happy birthday planning 🙂
Pingback: Lovely Friday: This, That, and TV News | A Lovely State of Mind
Pingback: 24 Best Gifts for Baby's First Birthday - Birthday Party Ideas | Birthday Cake Card and Invitation Ideas