Congratulations to Courtney, she won the $100 Diaprs.com Gift Certificate!
What excites me most about becoming a new mom is bringing is bringing in a new member to our growing family. We already have a little girl, and now we’re expecting a boy so a lot will be new to me. Thanks for having this awesome giveaway
Mother’s Day is upon us and for all of you expecting and moms with new babies at home it is most exciting because it’s your very first mother’s day!
We remember well what its like to go through the ebbs and flows of being a new mom and all that it entails, so we’ve partnered with Babycenter and Diapers.com to offer you a special post full of information, including this great “momfographic” just for you (pin away pin savvy friends!) complete with real information for moms like you. Below that you will find our Savvy Sassy thoughts on our Top 10 Must Have Items for New Moms. Finally, we have a fantastic giveaway for $100 from Diapers.com – so don’t forget to enter to win!!
When it comes to being a brand new mom it can be simply overwhelming to decipher all the information out there regarding gear, toys, clothing and diapers. Well, we’re taking some of the guesswork out for you by providing you with a list of 10 must have items outside of your bigger needs like the crib, carseat, and stroller options – we figured those might be a given.
So, what other essentials should you pick up? Do you really need a swing or should you just get a bouncer? What about that Bumbo thing – is that really useful? And what kind of video monitor should you pick up? Below you’ll find a list of potential options that we think you should consider.
1. Baby Bjorn Baby Carrier – Black/Brown Organic $171.99 – Baby Bjorn is a fantastic and quality brand that we love. This baby carrier will hold your baby snuggly to you as you run your errands or take that hike, and it will be an item that grows with baby from 8-26 pounds.
2. Boon Naked Collapsible Baby Bath $69.99 – The boon naked collapsible bath (not pictured) is perfect if you’re lacking in space. Unlike the bulky plastic baths you might pick up otherwise, this one pops out when in use, and then flattens when you’re done to slide easily into or behind a cabinet. It’s also sleek and comes in bright colors which we love.
3. aden & anais muslin burpy bib pack of 2 $22.00 (not pictured) – Anything made from the light, airy muslin material is a win. These particular bips are made with four layers of the soft material for extra protection from those little spit-ups baby tends to make. Swaddling blankets made in this same material are also great in the summer months so baby doesn’t get too warm but gets the benefit of the swaddle.
4. Burt’s Bees Baby Bee Getting Started Kit $12.99 – Burt’s Bees is a quality, all natural bath product company for both adults as well as children. This kit contains lotion, baby shampoo and wash, diaper ointment, baby oil, and buttermilk soap. The perfect starter kit for your baby bee.
5. Lamaze Mr. Whoozeit $14.99 – Primary colors on the front, black and white on the back and an adorable squeaky nose – it was all of our girls’ favorite first toy. It has a velcro hanging ribbon for the car seat. It’s the perfect first toy.
6. Bumbo with Seat Cover (Bumbo$39.99 + seat cover $15.99) – The bumbo is a great way to have baby with you around the house when they start supporting their own neck. The seat cover adds an element of aesthetic appeal for you savvy sassy moms who enjoy changing things up a bit with your baby gear. Bumbos also have tray options for when baby starts solids.
7. Bananafish Granada Tote Diaper Bag $119.99 – who wants a diaper bag that looks like a diaper bag? The bag pictured above fits all of your diapering and baby needs and includes a changing pad, dry dirty duds bag and two side pockets for bottles and other essentials. You can look stylish while on the go with your sweet bundle.
8. Bebe au Lait Papillon Nursing Cover $35.00 – Chic “hooter hider” for nursing mothers are a must – style and independence does not have to be sacrificed for breastfeeding. What we love about these covers is they have a boning at the top that pulls the cover away from your neck so you can see baby and baby can see you as you are nursing.
9. Mobi Digital Monitor $193.99 – a wireless monitor that works in up to four rooms when you purchase additional cameras. This is an upgrade from your traditional monitoring system and believe me when I say it’s worth the investment. You will use this system throughout their infant, toddler and big kid years. Additionally, if you plan to have multiple children, you can monitor them all at the same time with this system. This is an area where your money is well spent.
10. Fisher Price My Little Lamb Swing $134.99 – Forgo the bouncy seat and go with the swing. You can always keep the swing stationary if you need a similar function at some point throughout the day. The My Little Lamb Swing has three different swinging positions offering variety for baby. Weight limit is 25lbs, so this will grow with your child through the first year.
Motherhood is one of the most rewarding as well as the most challenging journeys, so we hope that by providing you with some guidance in what you may need in the gear department, we’ve made it a little bit easier on you. And we look forward to providing one of you with $100 for some of that great gear, so be sure to enter our giveaway below!! Happy Mother’s Day new moms!
Giveaway! Win $100 for Diapers.com
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Diapers.com in conjunction with Babycenter Blog Network but all savvy thoughts and sassy opinions are my own.
Share this Post