Now that summer is here it is important to keep those kids active and outside enjoying the sunshine, but what do you do when you need some cooling off? Hit the books!
Here are my 7 Savvy Tips to keep Reading a priority this summer!
1. Rise & Shine Do it right away in the morning. Sip your coffee and flip those pages instead of turning on the cartoons. It’s just like working out, the sooner you do the better you’ll feel!
2. Packed & Prepared Always pack 3 books for the Park, Pool or Beach. You can always break them out and sit in the shade to take a break or when the kids stop to take a lunch break. You may even want to bring along summer or beach themed books to keep the kids inspired.
3. Theme Reading Monday – Animal Books, Tuesday – Blue Books, Wednesday – Automobile Books, and so on! The kids will have fun just searching the house for the books that fit the theme.
4. Settle Down Before nap time (if you still are lucky enough to have a nap time) this is a perfect mid-day break and gets them relaxed and sleepy. If they are starting to read bring them along for longer car rides too!
5. Hide & Seek Hide books around the house and make them run around finding them and sit right down when you find them and read right there in that spot.
6. Book Races Create a book race track that has 15 or 20 squares around the track, place a sticker for each books they read and give them small prizes for each completed lap!
7. Play Librarian Have the kids “check out ” their own books by stamping them or placing a sticker inside the book. gather the stuffed animals and have story hour each day, help them sort, stack or even alphabetize their book shelf!
Children’s Book of the Month Club is a fantastic way to get books delivered to your door each month! My kids love getting mail and they would go wild to receive new books each month! Not only do they have children’s books but they also have plenty of beach reads for Moms too!
Sign up for the Children’s Book of the Month Club and the Summer Reading Series! It also makes a great birthday gift or it can sure come in handy when you forget to buy a birthday gift;)
Check out this amazing Summer Sweepstakes we have happening right now…
The Ultimate Summer Reading Giveaway!
One lucky winner will win over $750 worth of prizing!
- Beach Reading selections for mom ($150 value)
- $100 restaurant.com gift certificate
- 25 assorted children’s books for the children in your life ($450 value)
- $50 package of selected books for your child
(All books included in this prize package will be selected by CBOMC)
Enter this Summer Reading Giveaway!
1. Please Tweet or Facebook this:
“I want to win @savvysassymoms $750 Summer Reading Giveaway http://bit.ly/ssmreadwin from @cbomc”
2. Share what you are reading now or your favorite children’s book!
3. Follow @cbomc on Twitter
4. Like Children’s Book of the Month Club on Facebook
* Must be 18 years of age and a US Resident
* This contest ends June 30th at 11:59pm
* No purchase necessary
Disclosure: One winner will be chosen randomly by Savvy Sassy Moms via Random.org on June 30th at 11:59pm PST. Chances of winning are dependent on the number of eligible entries received. Offer is void where prohibited and subject to federal, state and local laws. Savvy Sassy Moms is a paid spokesperson blogging on behalf of CBOMC. All prizing will be supplied by CHILDREN’S BOOK-OF-THE-MONTH CLUB.
Share this Post