Super Bowl Sunday usually consists of football, food and beer. While we’re fine with the first two, we prefer to sip on something a little more fancy while enjoying the big game. And that’s exactly what we get with this Sparkling Lillet Rouge Punch. It’s light, refreshing and only takes minutes to make — so you’ll have more time to root for your favorite team.
Because the Super Bowl is a long game, we decided to keep the alcohol level of this Sparkling Lillet Rouge Punch pretty low. The base of the punch is Lillet Rouge, a fortified red wine made in France. It can be enjoyed on its own as an aperitif or in various cocktails. The sparkling part of the punch comes from an extra dry prosecco. Add in some fresh-squeezed lemon and orange juice and your punch is ready to serve. Although, if you’d like to develop a little more depth in the drink, add in some Angostura bitters.
While we decided to make this Sparkling Lillet Rouge Punch in a pitcher, it could also be served in a punch bowl with a large block of ice. If you serve in a pitcher, have a plate of sliced oranges near the glasses so guests can garnish their own glasses. If you serve in a punch bowl, add the slices of orange to the punch bowl. Either way, we hope you and your guests enjoy this Super Bowl punch as much as we do!
Sparkling Lillet Rouge Punch
Serves 4 to 6
- 1 cup chilled Lillet Rouge
- 1/4 cup fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup fresh-squeezed orange juice
- 1 bottle chilled extra dry prosecco (I used Val De Brun Estate Prosecco)
- Optional: 10 to 12 dashes Angostura bitters
- Orange slices for garnish
- Add Lillet Rouge, lemon juice and orange juice to a large pitcher.
- Slowly add the prosecco, being careful that it doesn’t overflow as the sparkling wine reacts with the citrus juices.
- To serve, pour into desired glassware (wine glasses or champagne flutes would both work great for serving) and garnish with a slice of orange.
Share this Post