What, summer is almost over? For me it’s just getting started…
I have been buried in work and so the #MomGuilt has set in so I am trying to cram in as much last minute summer fun as I can. So we hit up Raging Waters for the first time. I always thought it was for older kids and strong swimmers, I thought we had to wait at least 2 more years before we could go, boy was I wrong! They have plenty of water slides, parks and pools for my kiddos (age 6 & 4). My daughter was so excited to go down the “volcano slides” but my son was not too sure about those slides so he stuck to the little dipper slides. They were so excited to explore the entire park and loved climbing up on what they called “mermaid island”.
To my surprise my kids loved the Wave Pool the most and I loved the life jackets that were provided! They even wore them going around the lazy river because the water was moving at a pretty fast pace. (grandma debbie will be so happy)
1. BYOT – Bring your own Towels. This may sound obvious to some, but I actually wasn’t sure if they were provided or not and the website doesn’t say. (Maybe I’ve been to too many resorts/spas;)
2. Bring cash parking is $15 and to rent a large locker for your valuables is $13.
3. Don’t go on a diet – they do not have a healthy menu. (typical burgers and fries) Pack a cooler with a lunch, snacks and drinks – you can leave and get re-entry.
4. You can rent a cabana to guarantee yourself a slice of shade, chairs and a place to keep your non-valuables. I would do this next time, I think it’ll be worth the money.
5. If you want to carry your camera, phone or credit cards bring a ziploc bag that you can carry with you, take pictures but its still protected. I just wouldn’t fully submerge the bag under water, but if it gets splashed your things will be okay.
6. Do not take your 6 & 4 year old on what I thought was a “family boat ride” called Neptunes Furry. It’s dark and scary and there will be tears and screaming.
7. Get there early, it gets packed.
Raging Waters Giveaway!
I’ve got 4 Tickets to Raging Waters
1. Comment telling me what you still want to do before Summer is over?
2. Like Raging Waters on Facebook
This giveaway ends on August 18th at 11:59pm PST
Tickets must be used before September 11th, last day the park is open for 2011
California Residents only (unless you are traveling and will be able to use these tickets by Sept. 11th
Disclosure: I was given 4 raging water tickets for my family to review the park and 4 tickets to giveaway to one lucky reader!
Share this Post