A few weeks ago we headed to Panama City for a long weekend, and I have to say – it surprised me! This historic city known for the Panama Canal offered so much more and it was a great palce to take the kids!
Panama City has two very distinct areas, the old and the new. On one side it is vey much a cosmopolitan city, the skyline itself was much bigger than I expected. The buildings were all beautiful shades of blue and grey, very polished and sophisticated. Then on the other side of town it is the historic area, Casco Antiguo, which is has been declared a World Heritage site. This part of the city was founded in 1673 and is now being renovated and many hotels, restaurants and specialty stores are going in. This part of the city has old world charm and filled with warmer colors of reds and browns. I loved that Panama City has the juxtaposition of both.
Here are some of my favorite Instagram photos from our weekend in Panama City to give you a small taste of this eclectic and thriving city. This is apart of the Instagram Travel Thursday hosted by Skimbaco Lifestyle.
1. Rooftop Pool jumping at the TRYP Centro Panama City Hotel.
2. Family picture before heading to dinner.
3. Panama hat shopping, a must do.
4. Stunning building in the Casco Antiguo area.
5. Walking from Casco Antiguo over to the new Avienda Balboa
6. Mercado de Pescado $1.25 cup of Ceviche
7. Inglesia Catedral in Casco Antiguo
8. Shaved Ice with condensed milk on the street for $.50
9. The beautiful floor tiles at The American Trade Hotel
I’ll be sharing more Panama City details over on Wanderlust Living soon!
Be sure to follow my travels on Instagram
Share this Post