Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with 8 fabulous cocktails — and mocktails
St. Patrick’s Day drinks aren’t limited to Guiness and unimpressive green beer. Gather your girlfriends for a St. Patrick’s Day gathering, complete with festive St. Patrick’s Day cocktails. We’ve rounded up some delicious drinks for the perfect girls’ night in — including two mocktails for any friends abstaining from alcohol.[scrollGallery ID=179]
Classic St. Patrick’s Day cocktails — with a twist
- Every St. Patrick’s Day should start with brunch and a Green Bloody Mary from Platings and Pairings — or at least the St. Patrick’s Days in our dreams. Garnish this spicy cocktail with lots of veggies, and you can call it nutrition in a glass.
- Prepare for your St. Patrick’s Day drinking with delicious, decadent Homemade Irish Cream from The Art of Moseying. Whether you’re drinking it solo or using it to add a little punch to your coffee, this recipe will guarantee you’ll never go back to store-bought Irish Cream again.
Don’t forget the Irish Whiskey
- Kitchen Riffs knows St. Patrick’s Day isn’t complete without an Irish Whiskey cocktail, and The Brainstorm is a creative twist using classic ingredients. John also has several trivia facts about St. Patrick’s Day listed with the recipe, so check them out and impress your friends this March.
- The Irish Buck from Kleinworth & Co. is a sparkling cocktail made with Irish Whiskey. With only three ingredients, the Irish Buck isn’t complicated, but you’ll want to fill your Collins glass a few times once you see what brings the bubbles to your glass.
Light St. Patrick’s Day cocktails
- Call Me Fudge offers a simple and delicious Sweetened Mint Lime Rickey. The refreshing cocktail is the perfect way to enjoy the warmer weather this March. Take her lead, and have a bit of a “Sundowner” tonight!
- The St. Patrick’s Day Cucumber Cocktail from Ingredients, Inc. is about the closest thing you can get to a healthy beverage containing alcohol. Light and fresh, the flavors balance nicely and add a touch of green to your glass.
Alcohol-free St. Patrick’s Day options
- The Shamrock Chip Shake from Veggies Don’t Bite not only offers a bit of alcohol-free deliciousness, the shake is bursting with nutrition. Spinach is hidden within the creamy, minty treat. Even kids will love this method of eating their veggies.
- Kids will love the Homemade Mint White Hot Chocolate from The Gracious Wife. The recipe is simple enough that kids can help — even if it’s just with the marshmallows — and the warm drink is a cozy alternative to the icy options for St. Patrick’s Day.
Share this Post