What to wear camping and still look cute…hmmm?
We still have plenty days of Summer left and if you like to hit the great outdoors and do a little camping then I have some stylish tips for you. A fashionable girl can go camping and not look like she got totally lost in the woods. Roughing it in 2014 isn’t exactly roughing it with these camping hacks or some of the glamping sites that can now be found around the country. Now you can turn pitching a tent into quite the enjoyable experience. We know you’ve packed the bug spray, sleeping bags and have a cooler full of food, but now what about you?
Here are the things you will need to survive the weekend in the woods.
1. Hiking Shoes or Sandals – depending on what types of nature walks or hikes you’re up for, you’ll want a quality shoe that can go the distance and get a little dirty. The shoe brand Teva makes great sport sandals for short walks to the lake or beach and water activities. Merelle walking shoes makes some great waterproof shoes that are more for serious hikes.
2. A Hoodie – Yes it will get chilly at night and you want to cover up from the bugs too. You will probably want a pair of sweat pants or yoga pants while you’re at it too. Check out Prana.com for a gorgeous collection of hoodies and sweaters for the sporty yet stylish outdoor woman!
3. Backpack – This is essential if you plan on doing some long nature walks or hikes. Fill it with snacks, a water bottle, and your camera. Your backpack does not have to look like a child’s school backpack or one that looks like you are climbing mount everest. You can still find one that is stylish yet practical for your walk in the woods. I love this backpack from PacSun, it has leather on the bottom for a little protection but is still outdoor chic.
4. Jean shorts – You will probably wear these everyday, these are great because denim is tough and you can get them dirty and no one will care or even notice. Also, pockets are essential for keys, money and your phone
5. T-Shirts /Tank Tops – simple t-shirts that you might not care that if they make it back. Look for some fun vintage type of t-shirts at Target or Old Navy. V-neck t-shirts are always best and loose razer back tank tops are always super comfortable.
6. Swimsuit & Flip Flops – You will be spending a lot of time in your swimsuit jumping in the lake or making sand castles on the beach. Bring one that is a bit more athletic and won’t have you adjusting yourself every 5 minutes. Again, Prana.com has some beautiful swimsuits for active women.
What are some of your must have’s when packing up to go camping?
Share this Post