Are you looking for a go-to weeknight pasta dinner recipe that is both family friendly and easy to prepare? This is The Best Creamy Roasted Vegetable Pasta Sauce that is sure to be a hit with the whole family. It takes minutes to throw together and is a great way to add lots of veggies into your meal. My favourite way to eat it is with whole wheat spaghetti, but any type of pasta would work. If you’re not familiar with nutritional yeast, it’s a deactivated yeast that adds an amazing cheesy flavour to anything you add it into. It’s loaded with nutrients such as protein, fibre, and B vitamins. If you don’t have any on hand, parmesan cheese would work as a great substitute. This recipe also freezes really well, so it’s a great make-ahead dinner you can quickly defrost and pour over pasta.
The Best Creamy Roasted Vegetable Pasta Sauce
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 2 red bell peppers, sliced
- 1 eggplant, sliced
- 1 pint cherry tomato
- 2 c. white mushrooms, sliced
- 4 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. basil
- ¼ tsp. thyme
- 2 tbsp. garlic, chopped
- 3 sundried tomatoes
- 1 tsp. tomato paste
- ½ lemon, juiced
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 1 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- Torn basil, for serving
- On a baking sheet, toss white onion, red bell peppers, eggplant, cherry tomatoes, and white mushrooms with 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, salt, oregano, basil and thyme.
- Roast vegetables at 425⁰ for 30 minutes. Remove from oven, mix in the chopped garlic, and roast for an additional 15 minutes.
- In a blender, combine roasted vegetables with sundried tomatoes, tomato paste, lemon juice, black pepper, nutritional yeast and remaining 2 tbsp. of olive oil.
- Serve over pasta with torn basil and a sprinkle of nutritional yeast.
This post was contributed by Merav Rosen. Merav is an accountant currently living in Toronto. When she’s not working, Merav enjoys trying new fitness classes, spending time with her cat, and creating healthy and easy recipes and meal plans to share with her husband and friends.