This flavourful soup makes for a perfect light and fresh dinner. Instead of using dried mushrooms (which can be pricey!), the roasted mushrooms add a great flavour that works really well with the miso soup base. The great thing about this recipe is you can customize it however you like – instead of udon noodles, you can use ramen noodles, rice noodles, or even vermicelli. Topping options are also endless. You can add any vegetable you like, such as bok choy, corn, green beans, or bean sprouts. For some extra protein, add some baked tofu or the meat of your choice. We can’t wait for you try The Best Vegan Miso Noodle Soup!
What you will need for The Best Vegan Miso Noodle Soup
- 5 c. mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 2 tsp. sesame oil
- 3 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. minced ginger
- 8 c. water
- 4 tbsp. miso paste
- 4 tsp. low sodium soy sauce
- Udon noodles, or any other noodles of your choice
- Garnish of choice – I used steamed broccoli and edamame, red cabbage, shredded carrots and green onions
- Fresh lime
How to prepare this delicious dish
- Combine mushrooms, olive oil, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Place on a baking tray and bake at 400⁰ for 30 minutes.
- Heat sesame oil in large pot. Add garlic and ginger, and sauté for about a minute. Then, add roasted mushrooms and sauté for another three minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Pour soup over noodles into individual bowls and garnish with vegetables of choice. Squeeze on fresh lime juice right before serving.
This post was contributed by Merav Rosen. Merav is an accountant currently living in Toronto. When she’s not working, Merav enjoys trying new fitness classes, spending time with her cat, and creating healthy and easy recipes and meal plans to share with her husband and friends.
Share this Post