Yup, its here, those 3 words that have Moms around the country jumping for joy, Back to School. I can’t think of a better way to celebrate than by giving away a bunch of great stuff and giving back!
Instead of crying about how big our kids are getting, or racing to the store to buy all the school supplies our kids need (wow those are some long lists!), the team at Splash Creative Media came up with Fill the Backpack last year. Now in our second year we’re doing it bigger and better! With an overstuffed Lands’ End backpack filled with goodies from companies like Eventbrite, LeapFrog, Mabel’s Labels, HP and more with a retail value of over $750!
Here’s how it works. Starting today we’re launching giveaways on 8 blogs (that means 8 chances to win!), and all month long you can enter, chat with us about back to school topics, learn about our awesome sponsors and join us for our twitter party Tuesday, September 6th at 9pm EST for even more chances to win!
Fill the Backpack benefits Communities in Schools
This isn’t just an ordinary giveaway though, it’s also a way for Splash Creative Media to give back. 10% of our net profits are going to our nonprofit beneficiary, Communities in Schools, a wonderful organization that surrounds students with a “community of support, empowering them to stay in school and achieve in life.”
A donation to Communities In Schools is an investment in the future of our country. For approximately $200 per child per year, we are able to keep 97 percent of the young people we serve in school and on track to graduation.
Fill the Backpack Giveaway includes:
- Eventbrite: $50 credit for Eventbrite events-great for school events and fundraisers.
- Leapfrog: LeapFrog’s Leapster Explorer ($69.99) provides handheld learning experiences in a portable device designed for ages 4-9. It serves as a mobile hub for downloadable Learning Apps that include eBooks, video, games, and flash cards that auto adjust during game play according to a child’s needs and skills and works with LeapFrog cartridges (prices vary).
- Sleep Innovations: Help your kids get proper rest, so they can study better Sleep Innovations REMedy Study Bundle set, twin XL, contains a 1 1/2 inch twin XL-size gel memory foam topper and gel memory foam pillow in a reusable zippered canvas bag. ($80)
- Etymotic: You’ll receive an exciting new family product from Etymotic that will be released next month! You’ll be among the first to own it! ($49 or $79)
- Snapfish: A $50 gift card to Snapfish with tons of great ideas for back-to-school including photo skins for gear, personalized notebooks, and more! ($50)
- AVG: AVG 2012 ($54.99), a complete line of products for the whole family to match your digital lifestyles.
- Mabels Labels: Labeling all the kids lunchboxes, water bottles, clothes and more is easy (and fun!) with Mabel’s Labels ultimate back to school combo pack ($39) and a set of adorablebag tags ($21).
- Marble Jar: Looking for a way to help reinforce positive behavior for your family? The Marble Jar app for iPhone ($2.99) can help you and your kids stay motivated.
- ChicaLogic: ChicaLogic is a company that creates software for women, by women to keep your PC running smoothly. ChicaPC Shield ($29.95) and ChicaPC Fix ($29.95) work to scan your PC to find and remove threats caused by malware invasions and errors caused by regular use.
- Lands’ End: You can’t beat Lands’ End backpacks for durability and quality for kids of all ages. We love that these come sized to fit toddlers-high schoolers. (prices vary)
- Microsoft Office 2011 for Mac ($150) or Microsoft Office 2010 for PC ($149.95) are packed with features that help you tackle every assignment, and work together on group projects-from almost anywhere.
- California Innovations: California Innovations eco-friendly lunchboxes are offered in a variety of colors, sizes, and even with your children’s favorite Disney characters,this is a great alternative to paper bags. (prices vary)
- Stonyfield: From everyone’s favorite organic yogurt company, we have a gift pack with coupons for YoKids, an activity book, and more! (approx value $15)
- Carolina Pad: Carolina Pad offers a fun back to school package featuring exceptional quality and design. You can find everything from binders to notebooks, planners to folders for back to school in their online store or at retailers nationwide. (prices vary)
- Scholastic: Literacy is the cornerstone of a child’s growth, and for nearly 90 years Scholastic has created quality products and services that educate, entertain and motivate children and are designed to help enlarge their understanding of the world around them.(prices vary)
- P&G: P&G offers an Back to School box filled with tons of great products to help you and your family get back to school. Even better you can help kids stay in school by purchasing products using P&G’s brandSAVER. (prices vary)
- Johnson’s & Johnson’s: A back to school gift pack including Johnson’s products including detangler (no more tears over hair brushing), hand and face wipes (perfect for classroom cleanup), and baby powder (for everything from the locker room to your shoes). For all those playground scrapes, and bumps they’ve also included Neosporin, and Mickey Mouse Band Aids.“They work better together.” (approx value $20)
- Playful Planet: Keep your kids healthy, and get some fun exercise in on rainy or cold day with the Splash Creative Media as part of the Fill the Backpack Campaign.
THIS CONTEST HAS ENDED!!!
So how do you enter my Backpack Giveaway?
1. Comment telling me your favorite Back to School memory as a child?
1. Like Savvy Sassy Moms on Facebook
2. Share this post on Facebook (please send link)
3. Re-Tweet this Giveaway ” I just entered @savvysassymoms Fill the Backpack Giveaway! http://bit.ly/ssmftbfree #backpack11″
4. Follow @Splash_Creative on Twitter
*Giveaway ends September 15th at 11:59pm PST
Visit the sites of the Splash Creative Media team to learn about the other companies who have generously donated items for our Fill the Backpack giveaway! The Fill the Backpack team consists of:
- TechSavvyMama by Leticia Barr @TechSavvyMama
- Clueless Mama by Laurie Cooper, @Clueless_Mama
- Formerly Gracie by Grace Duffy, @GraceDuffy
- Savvy Sassy Moms by Andrea Fellman, @SavvySassyMoms
- Just Precious by Julie Meyers Pron, @JustPrecious
- Sassy Moms in the City by Alison Ray @SassyMomChicago
- It’s My Life by Jessica Rosenberg, @Kikarose
- The Centsible Life by Kelly Whalen, @CentsibleLife
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Splash Creative Media as part of the Fill the Backpack Campaign.
Share this Post