Have you ever wondered if all those claims on your beauty bottles are true? I’m personally a sucker for the word “Volume”, all my hair products include promises like these; “Long lasting Bounce”, “Volume Control”, “Thickening Shampoo” , and “24 hour Body”. these marketing buzz words get me everytime!
In the new book “Can you get hooked on Lip Balm?” top cosmetic scientists answer your questions about the lotions, potions, and other beauty products you use everyday. Check out this list of beauty myth busters…
TEN TRUTHS YOU DIDN’T KNOW ABOUT YOUR COSMETICS:
1. Curling Shampoos Don’t Work!
2. Wearing the right fragrance can actually make people think you have lost weight.
3. While brushing your hair does temporarily help distribute natural oils, in the long run brushing “100 strokes every night” strips layers of cuticle and weakens hair.
4. There is no proof that tourmaline flat irons perform any better than the less expensive non-ceramic versions.
5. Sunscreen is one of the best cosmetics you can use to keep your skin looking young and wrinkle-free.
6. Spit on a zit may not be an old wives’ tale after all!
7. There is a difference between antiperspirant and deodorant. Antiperspirant actually stops you from sweating, while deodorant just masks the odor.
8. No cosmetic will make your nails grow longer and stronger, but you can do things to improve their condition.
9. Urea is found in cosmetics, but it does not come from urine!
10. Multiple types of parabens are used in formulas to ensure that your personal care and cosmetic products are as free as possible from disease-causing microbes.
To find out the details to all of the above truths (and dozens more!) pick up a copy of
Can you get hooked on Lip Balm?
Can you get hooked on Lip Balm? book and a
$25 Visa gift Card to purchase your favorite beauty products!
Are you addicted to Lip Balm? Tell me how many lip balms, glosses and chapsticks you have in your handbag at any given time? Or tell me your favorite?
This giveaway is open to US residents only
Disclosure: I was sent this book for free and I offer this giveaway to you because this book is a quick, honest and a witty read, and that’s just how I like ’em!