Fill your days with love — and DIY Valentine ideas
Valentine’s Day is a holiday that lends itself to adorable DIY Valentine craft ideas — hearts, love and tons of pink are perfect for crafts and decor. Whether you’re working with your little one to create special classroom valentines or putting together holiday touches for your home, you’ll find the something perfect for you in our Valentine’s Day craft roundup.
10 Fabulous Valentine’s Day Crafts
- Dress up your tables — and protect them from coffee stains — with the Baking Soda and Cornstarch Coasters from Simply Earnest. Dig into your kitchen cupboards and find the materials you’ll need for these colorful pieces of home decor.
- Pinwheel Valentines from Freutcake are a festive way to get into the Valentine’s Day spirt. The cute pinwheels can be used as individual valentines or grouped together — and you can download the tags for them, too.
- The Valentine’s Day Mini Art at Storypiece is one of the sweetest paint chip crafts we’ve seen. Little hands can definitely help with this craft, and when it’s finished you’ll be able to display it each year and remember the time you spent together making it.
- Popsicle Stick Valentine Heart Decorations are an adorable — and simple — Valentine craft idea from Bead Bash. After crafting the decorations, how you use them is completely up to you. Decorate a Valentine tree with your kids, or hand them a handful and see where they turn up in your house.
- I Should Be Mopping the Floor offers a free download for her Valentine’s Day Banner. The glitter is embedded, so you don’t have to worry about sweeping it from your floor for weeks. Hang it from your mantle or across a doorway — it will keep you in the mood for love all month.
- Light up the room with the DIY Glitter Heart Candles from Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom. The simple craft uses materials you’re likely to have around your home, if you’re glitter-friendly, that is — we love a little bit of sparkle!
- Sew a Fine Seam has the perfect craft for your tea-party loving little one. The DIY Valentine Toy Tea Bags can be used for play tea parties, or you can use them as decor for a Valentine’s Day party. The craft is a great way to up-cycle scraps of material leftover from other crafts.
- The Love Bug Pencil Toppers from Pepper Scraps are a simple DIY Valentine’s Day craft that can be used for play dates or class valentines. With a few steps of preparation by an adult, kids can make these with minimal assistance — and you can print out the cards to attach, as well.
- Dip Dyed Feather Arrows are a gorgeous way to celebrate Cupid. The craft from The Things She Makes is a sophisticated take on a Valentine’s Day symbol, and it can teach your little ones a bit about science, as well.
- Lia Griffith wants your valentine to hang onto their chocolates with her precious Kids Valentine’s Candy Huggers. Download the template and choose your favorite card stock color — we love the look of the kraft paper Lia used.
Can’t get enough glitter? Try these glitter craft ideas for kids.
Do you have a favorite Valentine’s Day craft?
Share this Post