We all remember Danny and the word “Redrum” from the movie The Shining. Scary, yes? Well, we’ve taken this frightening word and used it as inspiration for a treat to trick your guests this year with a Halloween cocktail. Made with red pomegranate juice and two types of rum, this Redrum Halloween cocktail lives up to its name. However, it won’t leave you or your friends trying to chop down the door while running for the exit.
Redrum Halloween cocktail
- 1 ounce white rum
- 1 ounce dark rum
- 1 ½ ounces pomegranate juice
- ½ fresh squeezed lime
- ¼ ounce simple syrup, adjusted to taste
- Optional: 2 to 3 dashes of orange bitters
1. Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker with ice.
2. Shake and strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
3. If desired, garnish with a plastic Halloween spider ring or a piece of black licorice.
About our guest writer
Jessica Torres is the founder and chief cocktail creator at onemartini.com. She always wanted to be a bartender and is finally getting that chance in her own kitchen every night. When not taste testing new spirits or shaking up cocktails, she can be found tending her garden, homeschooling her two daughters or taking a nap. She lives in the biggest little city of Reno, Nevada and is always willing to make a cocktail for friends and family who come to visit. You can find her on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest and Google Plus.
Share this Post