Tomorrow I am flying to Houston, Texas for the Mom 2.0 Summit! I am BEYOND excited, a little nervous, hyper, crazed, stoked and just plan Happy! I will be among some of the Best of the Best Women on the Web and I can honestly say I will probably feel a little like Nemo swimming in a Tank with the Big Fish. I hesitated buying my ticket for weeks because I thought it was just out of my league, I didn’t want to feel out of place or not experienced enough, I was intimidated just by the line up of speakers!!
But something in me just knew that I had to be there, my intuition kept pulling me to the website and my gut finally said “DO IT, buy the damn ticket and – GO!!” (well that, and my husband was sick of me talking about it) I know that I am at a place with my Blog, Business and Life that this is just the type of enviornment I need to be right smack dab in the middle of. I want this weekend to inspire me, push me, challenge me and teach me. I do not have a partner in crime and so I am flying solo, but I am totally comfortable with that because I love to make new friends! I found myself a roomate, Esther of faintstarlite.com and I cannot wait to meet her IRL! I even have 2 new friends meeting me at the airport to share a cab over to the Four Seasons Hotel Joanne at Mediamum.net and Lauren from IsabellaProducts.com
Here are a few more reasons why I am glad
I followed my Gut and bought the damn ticket!
- It is at the Four Seasons – reason enough.
- Kid free for 3 days and I get to walk among a room full of intellegent adults
- Thursday Night’s Mad Men Party sponsored by Volkswagen – Pearls & Martini’s
- The Nintendo Wii Yoga Suite – Stretching my Body and my Mind
- Early Bird Saturday Morning Run 2.0 – if i didn’t have too many martini’s!
- The Keynote Panel of Speakers Warning: the list is not for the weak!
- Swinging in the Jungle with the Girls from Juice Box Jungle!
- Blog Talking with TipJunkie, MomSpark, Momfluential, ScrappinMichelle, 5minutesformom, listplanit, Banteringblonde, Petit_elefant, Makeandtakes, Mamaista, Momsfavoritestuff, Mammaloves, Uppercase Woman and Myinspirationlounge … just to name a few:)
- Listening and soaking up all the wisdom and experience of each Panel either on the Profeesional Path, Product Path, or Personal Path – the hardest thing is going to be choosing!!
- “Defining A Movement” Art Exhibit
So I’m leaving, on a Jet Plane,
and I don’t know if I’ll come back the same!
Share this Post