It is no secret that kids love slime. That ooey, gooey and, for lack of a better word, slimey pile of fun is the perfect way to keep those little (and sometimes big) hands occupied this holiday season. Create this Santa Slime together, surprise them at their class party, or have it on hand during those long holiday meals that might not otherwise keep little ones attention. This Santa approved activity will keep everyone on the Nice List!
Clear Slime Recipe
To make Santa Slime you can use white or clear slime, but we chose clear slime so our mix-ins would stand out a bit more.
1/2 cup clear craft glue
1/2 teaspoon borax
1 1/2 cups hot water, divided
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine 1/2 cup of glue with 1/2 cup of hot water and mix well.
2. Mix 1/2 teaspoon of borax into your remaining 1 cup of hot water and stir until borax has dissolved.
3. Pour borax water mixture into glue mixture and stir. Ingredients will start to form slime.
4. Continue mixing and kneading with you hands to mix as much of the borax water mixture as possible.
5. Pour out excess water and remove slime from bowl. Continue kneading slime in your hands several minutes.
Note: To get crystal clear slime you will need to let it sit a few days in an airtight container without playing with it.
Santa Slime Mix-Ins
Once you have your basic clear slime created you can add all sorts of fun items to make your Santa Slime. Our favorites are glitter and colored craft pom-poms, but we have also used buttons, bells and sequins, too!
The more you play with your slime the stretcher it will get and all of these mix-ins become a fun sensory experience.
Share Santa Slime
Our kids aren’t the only ones that are slime obsessed…their friends all love it, too! We thought it would be fun to make and package up some Santa Slime for their friends. Storing in an airtight container is key so we used little mason jars. Adding a quick ribbon turns this simple gift into the perfect present!
Share this Post