It’s that time of year again… time to delight your littlest ghosts and goblins with all things Halloween! And what better way to do that than to invite their friends over for a Halloween cupcake decorating party?
With a bit of prep, you can set up this fun, festive playdate that your kids won’t soon forget.
- Cupcakes (Homemade or store-bought. We’re pretty sure that your kids won’t care either way.)
- Dark chocolate frosting
- Orange frosting
- Sprinkles (We love the multipacks from Wilton. Because kids love options!)
- Giant-size Hershey Bar (to be broken into squares and used as tombstones
- A variety of candy Halloween decorations. Look for skeletons, ghosts, pumpkins, etc.
- Candy corn
- Marshmallow ghosts (We used Jet Puffed “Ghost Mallows.”)
- Cupcake travel boxes (one per child)
- Paper plates
- Creative kids
Aside from shopping for supplies and baking the cupcakes (if you go that route), this party is super easy to pull together.
For our party, I chose to frost the cupcakes before the kids arrived so they could get straight to the good stuff.
Set up the plates and frosted cupcakes at one end of your cupcake decorating space and invite the kids to take a cupcake and work their way down the line, decorating as they go.
(If you can get the kids to decorate their cupcakes ON the paper plates as they go along, you’re more likely to contain some of those rogue, messy sprinkles.)
See what I mean about those sprinkles? Imagine the mess without a plate!
Place the cupcake decorating boxes at the other end of the table, so that when the kids make their way to the end, the box is waiting for them. They can deposit their cupcake in their box and go back to the beginning and continue decorating until they’ve filled their to-go boxes!
And it wouldn’t be a party if they couldn’t taste their creations, so keep the napkins handy at the end of the table so they can get right down to the cupcake eating!
And once the kids have had one of their cupcakes? Watch out for those chocolately hugs of gratitude!
Share this Post