Calling all little global citizens!
The latest Tea Collection has arrived and it is taking us to China! For the latest Fall/Winter collection the Tea design team flew East and took a deep cultural dive into the sights and sounds of China. While there they discovered ancient crafts that pulsed with a modern spirit, saw new artwork that both honored and tweaked 4,000 years of tradition, found charm in quiet alleys just off chaotic city streets, and felt the energy of 1.3 billion people grabbing the modern future with both hands.
Emily Meyer is the co-founder and chief creative director for Tea Collection and every season she takes us on a world adventure through children’s clothing. Which why I am a huge fan. No other children’s brand is quite like Tea Collection, the clothing has a rich point of view and shares an adventure with the customer. To some, they may just be kids clothing but I see the clothing and the brand as an inspiring way to teach kids about culture and explore the globe.
We were lucky enough to have Emily share her Fall Trends for Kids with us!
Fall Fashion Trends For Kids
1. Layers are great for added warmth and to mix and match pops of color. I like a lightweight Patagonia vest for my little guy during those in-between weather days…and a fun cardigan for my little girl.
2. For girls, graphic leggings are my new obsession for adding a punch to our brightly colored dresses. The possibilities with leggings are endless…
4. Accessorize! Allow kids to freely pick and choose what shoes, socks, belt, hat, necklace, etc. to go with their outfit. You’ll be surprised at how creative they are and how much fun they’ll have in the process.
5. Comfort – sure you may want little ones to be stylin’ on the playground but not at the expense of comfort. Choose an ergonomically designed backpack to protect their wee backs (my fave is from Herschel). Add some kicky sneaks and a cozy French terry hoodie and they are good to go.
6. Think outside the box – little girls can borrow their big brother’s button down to wear as a shirtdress/tunic. And, we constantly hear of moms stretching the lifespan of our dresses by pairing with skinny jeans and wearing dresses as tunics as their girls grow taller!
We can’t say enough about this latest collection because the style and quality speaks for itself. I always think that it can never get any more adorable…until the next collection comes out and it always surpasses the adorable meter from the collection before it.
Share this Post