Holidays can be a majorly stressful time of year — family get-togethers, Christmas concerts, buying the perfect gifts, holiday baking, and so on; the last thing you want to be doing is scrambling around trying to find fashionable party wear for your kids at the last minute. I love unique, handmade holiday dresses and accessories for my daughter, but I am no where near talented enough to whip something up myself. Enter Etsy. My go-to for all of my holiday party-wear needs. Not only can you find amazingly gorgeous holiday clothing for your tot, but the prices are comparable or better than buying an outfit at your local department or big box store.
I had a hard time narrowing down my favourite items, but here’s a round-up of some of the most stylish and adorable holiday dresses and accessories for your little girls from Etsy:
1. Red Christmas/Holiday dress – $45.00 – You can never go wrong with a beautiful red dress for the holiday season! I love the ruffle detail of the dress and how easy this would be to accessorize. You could add a pair of leggings/tights underneath for added warmth as well as a long-sleeved shirt, or top with a shawl or cape! Add a pretty pair of shoes and you have a classic holiday look.
2. Damask Peasant Dress – $22.00 – Another gorgeous option for a holiday look. I love damask print, especially on little girls’ dresses! You could make this dress pop by adding some red accessories; a red bow, headband, shoes, etc. This is also a dress that could easily have extra layers added underneath for an especially frigid day.
3. Houndstooth Dress – $49.95 – Houndstooth is still a big trend in prints, and I love seeing it in girls’ wear! You could add a pretty satin ribbon/belt for a bit of extra sass, or leave it as is for an adorable holiday outfit.
4. Retro Navy-style Dress – $44.00 – This pretty dress is a unique idea for a holiday ensemble for your little girl. The bib with the ruffle detail is such a sweet addition to this dress. Imagine how cute it would be topped with a little pea coat, white tights and a dainty pair of shoes? If you’re a vintage lover, this will be the perfect outfit for your girl.
5. Prairie-style Dress – $74.80 – This is a dress that will shine all on its own! I am loving gold for a festive holiday colour, and with the black detailing in the puffed shoulders and cuffs, you could let this dress do the talking all on its own! The floral print is a very lovely detail as well.
1. Girls Linen Cape – $38.07 – I am a sucker for a good cape, and this one is no exception. This would look gorgeous over any of the dresses featured above. This also has the flexibility of allowing for extra layers underneath if you are in a colder climate.
2. Red Beret – $67.00 – How sweet is this red beret? When you have a more formal or dressy affair, and your daughter’s regular cold-weather hat won’t cut it, this hat will be a wonderful option. This hat, plus the cape, and one of the dresses above would make for an adorable holiday look!
3. Gold Mary Janes – $40.00 – When you’re stuck on which shoes to accessorize your baby girl’s holiday look, I would definitely recommend these adorable little shoes! Like I said earlier, I love gold as a holiday colour, and these shoes would add the perfect amount of pop to any outfit.
4. Tulle Headband – $9.95 – If you’re like me, and your daughter has exhausted all her headbands in her collection, yet you still love to use them as an accessory, you’ll be desperate to find something unique. I love the sparkly bead detail and the grey colour is always a chic option. I also love that it is a stretchy headband, making it comfy to wear during a long holiday fete!
5. Red, White & Green Flower Brooch – $13.00 – I love that this brooch gives off a holiday vibe without being adorned with gingerbread men, Santa Claus or anything else that’s in-your-face Christmas-y. This brooch can be used in your little girl’s hair, attached to her headband, pinned on her coat, and so on! It’s a versatile little piece that you will probably be stealing to add to your holiday accessory collection!
What is your favourite part about dressing your little girl up for the holidays?
Share this Post