Let’s skip the waxing on the beauty of the daffodils blooming and robins singing and get straight to the best part of spring: the shoes. Even the most frugal and least fashion-obsessed among us knows the need for a new pair of Sunday sandals or Saturday night heels to wear in warmer weather, and us shoppers herald the first signs of spring like hunters on opening day.
The shoe departments currently sport springtastic shoes in thousands of lovely looks to ogle and chose from. We have combed through the shops, style blogs, fashion mags and spring edits to identify the best spring shoes of 2014.
Keep your go-to dress from last season and simply switch out the shoes with a pair of these pretty pumps adorned with flowers. These prints are a perfect complement to a solid sheath, simple slacks and they even add a glam touch to cuffed boyfriend jeans.
1. ASOS Predict Heels at ASOS
2. J. Crew Collection Sloane Printed Heels at J. Crew
3. Ivanka Trump Gelana Floral Sandal at Nordstrom
4. Isabelle Printed Pumps at J. Crew Factory
Flat Ankle Strap Sandals
Think of these flat ankle-strapped sandals as the new gladiator, and wear them just as you did those more intricate flat sandals of seasons past. Wear with shorts, skirts, jeans and maxi dresses. They add so much more elegance to casual looks than old chlorine-bleached flip flops!
1. Favorite Ankle-Strap Sandal at Forever 21
2. Milo Sandal at J. Crew Factory
3. Romana Italian Leather Sandals at Garnet Hill
4. Rachel Zoe Gracie Sandal on Piperlime
This season’s flats are showing more skin. The d’Orsay flat is a retro look that separates the shoe into two parts, covering the toes and heel and showcasing the rest of the foot (perfect if you are between pedicures!) A chic alternate to the ballet slipper and a perfect pairing with every pant in your closet. Karlie Kloss even wore them recently with a formal dress.
1. Wanted Syrah d’Orsay Flat at Zappos
2. Steve Madden Elusion d’Orsay Flat at Piperlime
3. Breckelle’s Dolley d’Orsay Flat at Zooshoo
4. Monochrome Two-Part Polka Dot Flats at New Look
Wedge Cork Sandals
The easiest recipe for a slim line and shapely looking legs this spring. Combine leather straps in a shade that matches your skin tone with a cork wedge heel. Add to spring skirts and dresses and stir. Yield: one hot mama with sexy, slender legs!
1. Franco Sarto Cera Wedge at DSW
2. Kate Spade New York Tropez Wedge at Piperlime
3. Dune Grappy leather Wedge Heel Sandals at John Lewis
4. Charles David Oriel Sandal at Nordstorm
Our most controversial choice of this round-up, “Birks” have the Savvy Sassy Moms divided. We agree that these hippie-chick staples are everywhere lately, and showcased on the most fashion-forward feet this spring. Other writers state that though they are “in style,” it doesn’t necessarily make them stylish. Although they are clunky and can make calves look chunky, you will be hard-pressed to find a more comfortable shoe. If you decide to hop on the Birkenstock train, we suggest you choose one of the newer, more refined strap styles and modern colors as pictured above.
1. Birkenstock Adria at Zappos
2. Birkenstock Mayari at Gravity Pope
3. Birkenstock Granada in Pewter at DSW
4. Birkenstock Adana at Birkenstock Store
5. Birkenstock Gizeh Birko-Flor at Zappos
What say you Savvy Sassy readers? Birks or d’Orsay? Floral or flat? What will YOU be buying this spring?
Share this Post