If you’re wondering where to take the kids this summer, check out the BudgetTravel.com list of 15 More Places Every Kid Should See Before 15. Last year’s list was so popular that they invited parents to weigh in on some of their favorite spots for family fun. So how did they narrow down the 562 nominations they received from readers? To make the cut, each entry needed to be fun, educational, and especially magical through the eyes of a child and inspire the same awe in parents.
Here are the 15 amazing family friendly travel destinations they recommended:
- U.S. Space and Rocket Center (Huntsville, Alabama)
- Field Museum (Chicago, Illinois)
- Sea World San Antonio (San Antonio, Texas)
- Hawaii Volcanoes National Park (Big Island)
- Birmingham Civil Rights Institute (Birmingham, Alabama)
- Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library & Museum (Springfield, Illinois)
- Mount Rushmore (South Dakota)
- Metropolitan Museum of Art (New York, New York)
- Hoover Dam (Nevada)
- Acadia National Park (Maine)
- Golden Gate Bridge (San Francisco, CA)
- Museum of Science (Boston, Massachusetts)
- Carlsbad Caverns (New Mexico)
- National Museum of American History (Washington, D.C.)
- Arches National Park (Utah)
Moms, what would you add to this list?
For more information on each of the above listed locations, visit BudgetTravel.com.