Operation Give Thanks!
Operation Shower was started by LeAnn Morrisey in 2007, after she was asked to send 4 cards to Military Moms that were expecting while their husbands were deployed. She did more than just send a card, she sent them a “shower-in-abox” and asked family and friends to contribute with gifts for these women. Because of the overwhwlming response and the joy she brought to these military moms, she partnered with Kris Jackson to throw the first ever unit-wide shower at Ft. Bragg, NC and Operation Shower was born!
Operation Shower is about celebrating and honoring military families. Operation Shower is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that provides joyful baby showers for military families to ease the burden of deployment.
Thursday, December 2nd 9pm ET
Prizes: Over $3,000 in prizes including an Apple iPad, an Amazon Kindle and more! Visit aboutone.com for more information and rules participate in our online scavenger hunt.
The Next Operations Shower is in San Diego, CA January 24th -25th, if you live in southern California and want to help please visit OperationShower.org and contact LeAnn.
Donations: If you are a company or know of a company that would like to donate products or make a donation to Operation Shower, please contact Operation Shower as soon as possible.
- Spreading the word about our mission through blogs, Facebook or word-of-mouth
- Hosting parties through Operation Give Thanks
- Helping to pack showers-in-a-box or organize donations
- Collecting donations
- Helping on administrative tasks
- Offering your professional services pro-bono
- Attending a shower and helping with decorations/set-up and clean-up
- Helping to secure party rentals for local showers
- Starting a campaign with your child’s school to collect change or donations for Operation Shower
Share this Post