Expecting a baby and need a little help setting up the nursery? Well I have just the party for you. Invite a few of your closest girlfriends over for a nursery decorating party. Have a basic plan in place and put everyone to work. Now hold up, I’m not saying the hard labor intensive work that no one wants to do such as a painting and assembling furniture. That’s dads job, right? No, this is the fun type of decorating.
Have your friends help with the following while you sip on mimosas and coffee:
- Hang that precious crib mobile.
- Frame a few of those cute baby wall prints and hanging them up.
- Lay the rug down for the first time and throwing an adorable pillow on the rocking chair.
- Fill baskets with the essential supplies for the diaper changing station like diapers, wipes refills, diaper cream, nasal aspirator, thermometer, nail clippers.
- Fold and put away all of the freshly washed onesies, linens and hang the new outfits in the closet.
Even if your friends aren’t a fan of decorating they can still be helpful by being that extra set of eyes and opinions. When the nursery is complete have each one of your friend write a little note of encouragement for the baby and hang the notes by a string using the adorable pins pictured above. Spend the rest of the afternoon chatting it up with your favorite girls over a few great appetizers. This is the type of party that is sure to create fun memories that you will cherish forever.
What other things might you have your friends help you do when readying a new nursery for baby?
Share this Post