Looking for a dessert that will feed a crowd and really impress them, too? Look no further than this Mississippi mud pie bar recipe! While sometimes it is great to make things from scratch, other times you just need to save a little time… especially now that we have the holidays behind us. These Mississippi Mud Pie Bars use boxed brownie mix as the base, adding in a few extra ingredients that will help you create that yummy homemade feeling in fraction of the time.
Mississippi mud pie bars
Servings: 15 bars
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 45-55 minutes, depending on the boxed brownie mixed used
- 2 boxes of your favorite brownie mix
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups mini-marshmallows
1. Prepare brownie mixes, together in one bowl, according to directions on the box.
2. Mix in 1 cup of chopped pecans.
3. Bake according to directions on box. Note that since you doubled the recipe, you’ll need to add extra cooking time.
4. While brownies are baking, prepare chocolate frosting (see below).
5. When brownies are cooked to your liking, remove from oven and top with mini-marshmallows.
6. Return to oven and bake an additional 5-minutes to melt marshmallows. make sure they don’t burn!
7. Remove from oven and drizzle with frosting immediately.
8. Cool completely before cutting into squares.
- 1 package (16 oz.) powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
1. Beat all ingredients at medium speed with electric mixer until smooth.
2. Microwave for 30 seconds and stir.
3. Drizzle chocolate frosting over warm brownies and mini-marshmallows.
4. Cool completely before cutting into squares.
Warm them up for extra yumminess
These Mississippi Mud Pie Bars are delicious to eat as-is, but they also taste great warmed up. In our opinion, there is nothing better than a warm dessert on a chilly night! Heat a piece in the microwave for 10-15 seconds for a sizzling sweet treat. Dare we say you could even add a scoop of vanilla ice cream, if you’re feeling wild?
What is one of your favorite dessert shortcuts?
Share this Post