Festive food makes every holiday more fun and these easy 4th of July treats are perfect for the moms that don’t want to spend all day in the kitchen. In fact, these are tasty treats that even your kids will have fun helping you make. Using one simple method, you can create an entire red, white, and blue dessert spread for your holiday gatherings.
Easy 4th of July treat ideas
Lollipop sticks and/or paper straws combined with Rice Crispy Treats and marshmallows make for a super fun dessert and an easy 4th of July treat. Kids love eating food on a stick, so turning these goodies into pops was as simple as 1-2-3 and a no brainier when it came to less-mess eating. Happy kids and minimal clean-up is what we call a win-win!
– Colored candy melts
– Lollipop sticks and/or paper straws
– Rice Crispy Treats (or other items to dip)
– Melt colored candy melts in the microwave according to directions on the package.
– Immediately, dip the rice crispy treats and add sprinkles.
– Place on waxed paper to cool and harden (approximately 20 mins.).
– Push lollipop sticks or paper straws in one end to create pops.
With some supplies left over, we also dipped large marshmallows, pretzel rods, ice cream cones, and Oreos to round out our themed dessert offerings. The possibilities are endless though! You could dip and sprinkle just about anything to create easy 4th of July treats.
Whether you will spend your Independence Day at the pool, the beach or just at a backyard BBQ, these fun and festive treats are sure to add some fire-cracking fun to your day.
What’s your go-to July 4th treat?
Share this Post