Most of us think strawberry desserts have to be reserved for summer only. However, we love this sweet, juicy fruit year-round, and recently learned that Florida strawberries are at their best from January through March! Not to be ones to let an opportunity for yummy desserts slip by us, we combined strawberries, angel food cake, and whipped cream topping in a Mason jar make the perfect strawberry shortcake parfait that will be delicious any time of year.
Strawberry shortcake parfait
Prep Time: 10 minutes
1 lb. fresh strawberries
1/4 cup sugar
Store-bought pound cake or angel food cake
Whipped cream topping
The trick to making this easy dessert is taking a shortcut on the shortcake! Using store-bought pound cake or angel food cake makes this recipe so easy to throw together.
1. Wash and dry the strawberries.
2. Slice strawberries, reserving a few for garnish.
3. Combine strawberries and sugar in a large bowl. Stir to mix until sugar begins to change into a syrup/glaze consistency on the strawberries.
4. Cut cake into one-inch cubes.
5. Layer cake, strawberries and whipped cream topping in Mason jars.
6. Repeat layers and use reserved strawberries as garnish on top!
Mason jar love
While strawberry shortcake parfait could certainly be served in another type of dish, the vote is in and putting it in a Mason jar just makes it better. Not only does it make for a better presentation, but it just taste sweeter this way, too! You can pick up Mason jars at just about every grocery store. Clean-up is easy in the dishwasher and make the jars ready to use again and again. We’re pretty sure that strawberry shortcake parfait in Mason jars will be the sweetest way to welcome spring and something that the entire family will enjoy!
Share this Post