Fall is one of the busiest times of year for moms. Between helping with homework, attending sports events, driving carpool and just about everything else that gets put on us this time of year, getting dinner on the table should be the last of your worries. This simple sheet pan supper is a win-win. It’s a delicious and healthy meal for your family that takes very little prep and doesn’t mess up your entire kitchen!
Autumn Vegetables and BBQ Chicken Sheet Pan Supper
- 16 oz. brussel sprouts, halved
- 16 oz. sweet potatoes, diced into chunks
- 1 small red onion, diced into chunks
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken tenderloins
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Seasonings to taste: salt, dried minced garlic flakes, dried minced onion, poppy seeds
- Marinate chicken in BBQ sauce for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray sheet pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Toss vegetables in olive oil.
- Add chicken and vegetables to sheet pan.
- Sprinkle with seasoning to taste.
- Roast in preheated oven for 30-40 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked and sweet potatoes are soft.
- Remove and toss in large bowl before serving.
Switch it up for a variety
The thing we love about sheet pan suppers (besides the fact that they are ridiculously simple to make is that the ingredients can easily be swapped out to create a ton of different meals. You can add sausage or steak in place of the chicken for a completely different type of meal. You could switch out the autumn veggies for summer ones like squash and zucchini during warmer months. Try substituting the BBQ sauce for Teriyaki sauce and the veggies for carrots and broccoli. Serve over rice for an easy asian inspired meal.
The process stays the same, but the possibilities are endless. Your family is sure to thank you! Easy, yet deliciously healthy meals that are sure to be crowd pleasers. And the best part for moms…only one dish to clean up!