I love to eat a good latke but to be honest I don’t really like making them. This is mainly because of the long lasting smell in the house, on my clothes and in my hair. Luckily, a few years ago, I discovered an Easy Latke Recipe that cuts my cooking time in half. This recipe involves using my food processor and a secret ingredient. These latkes taste like the classic potato latkes served on Hanukkah without all of the struggling of making them from scratch.
Easy Latke Recipe Ingredients:
- potato grated
- sunflower oil
- onion grated
- 1 box of potato latke mix
- Use your food processor to grate your potato. When grated, place the potato in strainer to wring out excess moisture (the key to crispy latkes).
- In a bowl, mix the potato pancakes mix, eggs and water. Let stand for 2 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Drop the potato pancakes batter into the hot skillet/frying pan to form into flat patties.
- Try to leave space between the potato pancakes.
- Cook the potato pancakes on one side until golden brown, then flip with the spatula and cook on the other side until golden brown.
- Remove the potato pancakes from the frying pan and place on cookie sheet with paper towel to absorb the excess oil.
Latkes always taste best after they are just fried! Serve with apple sauce or sour cream, or both! Happy Hannukah and make sure to enjoy with family and friends.
Share this Post