Moms all have their crazy, stressed, happy, lazy, brilliant, silly, funny, resourceful, wacky, savvy, sassy, crabby, strong, helpful, emotional, and frustrating moments, just to name a few. We are extremely hard on ourselves and no matter how much we manage to accomplish in a day it never seems to be enough.
But let’s think positive here, we all have our “Magnificent Mom Moments” too. You know, those moments when you really shine and you look around hoping someone is watching to see what an amazing job you’re doing.
Here are my 3 Moments when I feel like a Magnificent Mom!
1. Traveling – Traveling with kids sounds like a nightmare to most and it’s a pretty intense operation, one that requires a very savvy and resourceful mom. I’m not saying I’ve perfected it, but making last minute reservations and packing up the kids comes easier to me than making dinner. I would much rather navigate an unfamiliar city and explore new places with the kids than navigate my way through a crowded theme park.
2. Parent Participation – Someone once gave me a note pad that reads” Stop me before I volunteer again!” This makes me giggle because it is so true, and I’m sure I am not alone. I always want to help and saying NO is so difficult because helping makes me feel so good! My children may not fully understand, but they see my involvemant and I feel this is one area where I lead by example.
3. Family Activities– I am quite savvy at sourcing fun things things to do on the weekends which I refer to as “Fellman Family Fun”. I like to find unique places to go and new activities for the kids to try. We don’t sit still for very long, I always want to know what is happening locally, what kid friendly events are within driving distance and what can we do? Lucky for us we live in Los Angeles so there is always plenty to do that we hardly do the same thing twice.
When do YOU feel like a Magnificant Mom?
“Fill the Backpack”
Over $300 value Backpack Giveaway!
How to Enter
1. Leave a Comment telling me about a “Magnificent Mom Moment”
2. Like Ziploc on Facebook – they think you are magnificent!
3. Re-tweet this Giveaway on Twitter
(leave comment telling me you did so)
*This post was inspired by Ziploc, check out their ideas and recipes for quick and easy ways to get more out of the things you do for your family every day. They want to hear from YOU so visit them on Facebook and share your own magnificent moments with them.
What’s in the backpack?
- FoxEntertainment is including both Diary of a Wimpy Kid & Marmaduke DVDs in our backpacks.
- Popchipsdonated a variety pack of popchips & variety of coupons to each backpack.
- Every backpack will include BitDefender, security software for your PC.
- Orange Circle Studio is sending winners a “Do it all” planner & a family calendar.
- The backpack will include a variety of notebooks, folders, and binders from Carolina Pad.
- Rose Art is sending you back to school with glitter markers, dry erase board, and fun Color Blanks.
- Every backpack will include a ClassWish.org $25 Credit! Perfect for helping your community’s schools!
- DreamSakes is giving winners 20 free artwork scans! These are a great way to save or share your child’s masterpieces!
- Sun and Earth is sending a sampler pack to each winner.
- FamZoo, an online allowance management site, is including a year long membership
- Simon & Schuster added a great book, “E is for Ethics,” that will have you and your kids thinking!
- The backpack will contain either a LeapFrog Tag Reader with book set and US map, OR a LeapFrog
Explorer with 2 games! (Penguins of Madagascar and Toy Story 3)
- Stonyfield Farms included coupons, awesome recycled plastic storage containers, & a few other surprises!
- Silver Dolphin added the “Human Body” book, and “Facts to Annoy your Teacher” books. Both are for kids!
- Sample tastes from Arizona Kids, Bear Naked, Cal Naturale Svelte, …
… and more to come! I’ll be adding to this list as more products are added by our sponsors
*This Contest will end September 5th at 11:59 pm
**This Contest is open to US Residents only
Disclosure: Fill the Backpack is sponsored by Ziploc and 20th Century Fox. Our sponsors have generously contributed to this campaign through products, monetary compensation and have made The Dream Classroom Contest possible, cash prizes to be awarded through ClassWish.org. Participating brands have contributed products to all 8 bloggers and within the 16 backpacks.
Share this Post